What you need to know if you are thinking of filing a patent application
- nice to meet you. This is Nanum International Patent Law Firm, a prepared patent partner.
- As we go through life, we are faced with many opportunities and crises, but surprisingly, there are a lot of people who ignore this opportunity without realizing whether it is an opportunity for themselves or an opportunity to get many things.
- Even though it is something that can be found with a little thought, there are many cases where we miss the opportunity because we are not satisfied with the present.
- It is said that the industry that enjoyed the most boom when the corona pandemic situation occurred was the industry related to delivery, and services related to delivery food and quarantine products. Korea’s leading companies that confirmed the corona crisis that started in Wuhan in February faster than anyone else and made diagnostic kits have grown tremendously, and based on this, the opportunity for the Republic of Korea to spread to the world gives everyone an equal opportunity. But you can also see that those who seize the opportunity will have extraordinary results.
So, what should we do to prepare for this opportunity?
- Above all else, it will be most important to proceed with the process of strengthening the interior. When the real opportunity comes, the first thing you need to prepare is to secure your own technology and prepare solutions that can quickly respond to the competition, in order to prevent the company from being unable to take full advantage of the opportunity because it is not strong enough. It can be said that it is precisely to secure the rights to react more quickly when a situation arises.
- Due to the online development worldwide, many technologies and know-how are being shared rapidly, so accidents in which the company’s core technologies are leaked occur frequently. Even more, many of you will be curious about how to safely protect your own technology.
So, what Nanum is going to introduce today is how to secure a patent.
- I’m going to try to check how to make a patent application and registration easier while thinking about the reasons why many people have tried patents and have experienced bitter failures.
First of all, let me tell you about a process that many people miss, it is the ‘Prior Technology Research’ process.
- Although this process is a process done before proceeding with a patent application, it not only significantly affects the overall process of a patent application, but is the best process to reduce unnecessary costs and waste of time. It is also one of the process of failing because we are not aware of it. In fact, it is one of the most difficult processes for individuals applying for individual applications as it is a difficult process for individuals to proceed.
- The reason why prior art research is important is that it is a process that allows you to check ‘registration possibility’. In general, a patent is not 100% registered just because a patent application is filed, but whether or not to be registered is decided based on the examination of the Korean Intellectual Property Office. Many people misunderstand this part. Aren’t patents registered just by applying for them? There are a lot of cases where people have misunderstood that this is why they are wasting money and time by blindly filing an application first and failing to respond to the interim cases that occur during the examination process.
- When conducting the prior art search mentioned above, we mainly perform a comprehensive evaluation of the ideas and technologies owned by the applicant. First, it checks whether the idea meets the patent requirements specified by the Korean Intellectual Property Office, and if the three requirements of the patent are not met, the overall process is decided by determining a solution such as modifying the idea or suspending the application.
- In general, the prior art search process is quite difficult because the results are verified through comparative analysis with previously registered ideas and technologies through the Cypris site provided by the Korean Intellectual Property Office.
- In addition, one of the elements of patent registration that many people misunderstand is the cost and time required from filing a patent application to registration. On average, the period of examination and registration of a patent after application is considered to be about one year. It is a very long and difficult process, but intermediate events may occur during this process, so if you cannot properly respond to these intermediate events, the time it takes to register will be longer.
- Only by having a comprehensive understanding of this part and proceeding will you be able to reduce wasted time and money.
Patents, as you all know, are a very reliable defense and offensive tool.
- This is the reason why global companies complete patent applications and registrations in advance in various countries in which they operate before launching new products.
- It can be used as a means of legal protection or marketing, and it is a very useful system because it gives additional points even when bidding on national projects. It is true that the difficulty level itself is quite high.
- Therefore, at Nanum, patent attorneys who know about your difficulties better than anyone else conduct a free consultation and consultation on the possibility of registration and prior art research.
- You can check any questions you have at any time, so please feel free to contact us and we will help you with friendly guidance. thank you.